Step 1: Complete the application form and checklist
- Download International Student Application Form
- 3 sets of passport copies (all pages,detail page in colour). Passport must have at least 2 years validity
- 3 certified copies of original results and academic certificates
- 6 passport-sized photographs with blue blackground (3.5cm*5cm)
- No Objection Certificate/Letter of Eligibility (only applicable to Sub-Saharan countries)
- TOEFL/IELTS Certificate
- Declaration Letter - if applicable - discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country Ministry of Education OR by home country Embassy/Consulate.
*If the above documents are in a language other than English,it MUST be translated to English and certified as true copies by the relevant authorities.
Payments required (Admission Fee):
a) Processing Fee : MYR500
b) EMGS Fee: MYR1000
c) Health & Insurance : MYR500
*Fees can be paid via bank draft to "Kolej Poly-Tech MARA Sdn Bhd" and make a copy of the payment together with student name, passport number and contact number.
Kindly courier all the above mentioned documents to:
International Students Office,
Kolej Universiti Poly-Tech MARA,
Jalan 6/91,Taman Shamelin Perkasa,
Cheras,56100 Kuala Lumpur,
Step 2: Offer Letter
An offer letter will be issued after KUPTM KL has received your application and payment.
Step 3: Submission your application to Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS)
KUPTM KL will submit your application to EMGS in order to process the student pass.The process will take about 14 working days*
*depends on processing time by EMGS
*we may not be able to obtain a Student Pass for you on time if your application is received less than 3 months from the programme intake dates. We will assist in your Student Pass application but we will not be held liable for any change in policies by the Ministry of Education (MOE)/EMGS in regards to issuance of Student Pass.
Step 4: Approval/Rejection of application
- If application is approved : KUPTM KL will inform the student and a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) will be couriered to the student
- If application is rejected : KUPTM KL will inform the student and the Health & Insurance fee shall be refunded
Step 5: Application for visa
Once you have obtained your Visa Approval Letter (VAL), read your VAL carefully and do check with your local immigration department or Malaysian embassy whether a visa is required to enter Malaysia.
However,you must bring your VAL to enter Malaysia and you may need to produce it to the Malaysia Immigration at airport.